Loram puts safety first when designing, building, operating and maintaining equipment. Like reliability, safety is monitored closely to assess operating incident and prevent future occurrences. Loram has been recognized in the railroad and maintenance of way industry for its superior safety practices. In 2009, Loram celebrated almost three consecutive years of no lost time injuries, a rarity in the railroad industry. Loram is also the recipient of multiple safety awards in North America, including, but not limited to:
- Contractor of the Year Safety Award from NRC in 2009 and 2000.
- 2018 and 2016 Platinum NRC award for safety.
- 2019, 2017, 2015, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, and 2004 Gold NRC award for safety.
- 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2006 Silver NRC award for safety
- 97% score from Liberty Mutual Insurance safety audit. This is the highest safety score ever obtained by a company in this audit.