Transit Rail GrindingTransit and commuter railroads strive to provide safe, comfortable and uninterrupted service for passengers. With strict time schedules and nearly constant rail traffic inherent in transit railroads, track maintenance windows are limited. Loram understands the need for efficiency, offering powerful transit rail grinding services and equipment coupled with decades of expertise. Loram’s unmatched productivity optimizes work windows, delivers more track miles ground and provides superior metal removal that lead to better rail health.
The benefits of transit rail grinding include:
- Improve ride quality and reduce noise that enhances passenger comfort and safety
- Extend rail and specialty track component life
- Remove corrugation for a smoother and more consistent running surface
- Restore rail head profile to optimize wheel/rail interaction
- Remove rolling contact fatigue to mitigate defects
Loram’s transit rail grinding solution offers:
- 4-stone to 24-stone machine configurations
- High-power, industry-leading 30 hp grind motors
- Additional versatility to grind subways and embedded rail
- Advanced control systems for precise, industry-leading metal removal
- Small clearance diagram for utilization on virtually all transit railroads
Smoother ride. Smoother operations.With the most productive transit rail grinding solutions, Loram requires smaller track windows and creates more predictable rail maintenance schedules. Along with these operational benefits, Loram adds greater value to transit railroads by extending the life of the rail asset, improving ride quality and reducing rail noise.
Learn how we can help. Call (763) 478-6014 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org