High performance rail grinding for international applications.The C44 Series Rail Grinder is designed with advanced technology features that also meets stringent international standards, weights and clearances. Built on the proven Loram C21 rail grinder platform, the C44 Series complies with the W6A clearance diagram and the axle weights of international commuter lines and freight rail applications.
Loram’s C44 rail grinder delivers high-efficiency re-profiling of the railhead, removing or reducing rail corrugations, corrosion, joint mismatches and other railhead surface irregularities with industry-leading productivity. The C44 also offers complete versatility in machine configuration, as grind cars can be quickly joined to expand machine size and performance.
Features of the Loram C44 include:
- Industry-leading 30 hp motors for the most efficient metal removal, optimizes grind time and reduced cost
- Reduced platform footprint to designed to fit most international clearance diagrams
- Expanded module tilt capability grinds in third rail applications, with either energized or de-energized third rail
- EN13231 certified, offering grind quality standards to perform maintenance on high speed rail
- Improved traction system with speed and grade travel capabilities
- Safety-certified software control including redundant software systems
- A robust production rail grinding solution with the ability to perform specialty rail grinding