A Complete Range Of Friction Modifier SolutionsBecause wheel and rail friction challenges are different based on various track environments and local conditions, Loram offers a range of friction modifier solutions designed to perform. From environmentally-friendly, water-based formulations to high-performance petroleum-based synthetics, and a hybrid product that offers a combination of both water-based and synthetic, Loram has the right friction modifiers to deliver impressive benefits of improved wheel/rail interaction, fuel economy and asset life for any condition.
Loram’s line of friction modifiers include:
- TOR-WB eco-friendly, 100% water-based organic friction modifier
- TOR-H2OX advanced hybrid formulation with the advantages of both water-based and synthetic friction modifiers
- TOR-Xtend high-performance synthetic friction modifier
- 5-gallon (19 L) pails
- 55-gallon (208 L) drums
- 275-gallon (1041 L) bulk totes
The green, industry-leading organic solution.TOR-WB is a 100% water-based, organic top of rail friction modifier specifically developed to address situations where the use of synthetic friction modifiers are undesirable. TOR-WB does not clog bars, is non-corrosive, has a wide operating temperature range, and does not need to be mixed or stirred. This product is compatible with all industry standard top of rail friction management systems and has a carry distance greater than 4 miles.
TOR-WB friction modifier performance advantages include:
- Water Based
- Eco Friendly
- Lower Consumption
- Increase Fuel Savings
The best of both water-based and synthetic friction modifier.Loram’s TOR-H2OX is an advanced formulation that is revolutionizing the top of rail friction management industry. TOR-H2OX is ideal for railroads that want the benefits and advantages of both water-based and traditional synthetic-based friction modifiers, in a non-cavitating material. Offering a 4–6 mile carry distance, TOR-H2OX requires fewer wayside units allowing applicators to be spaced approximately 8 miles apart in bi-directional traffic. TOR-H2OX can be used with any industry standard wayside top of rail friction management equipment.
TOR-H2OX is one of Loram’s most popular products. Here’s why:
- Lower consumption—apply 33%-50% less modifier than conventional top of rail friction modifiers
- Increased carry of 4–6 miles
- Water-based benefits
- Works in extreme temperatures
- No need to mix and stir
- Won’t damage plates or spikes
- Does not cause shunting issues
High-performing, cost-effective synthetic-based friction modifier.Years of research and Loram’s advanced wheel/rail simulation test machine enabled Loram to develop TOR-Xtend. An environmentally-friendly, clean and cost-effective synthetic friction modifier, TOR-Xtend has a low evaporation rate, will not damage tie plates or spikes and does not cause shunting issues. TOR-Xtend is non-corrosive.
From mainlines to yards, TOR-Xtend meets all needs and provides:
- All season protection—works in extreme temperatures
- Carry distance of up to 6 miles
- Rain resistance for longer effectiveness
- Cost-effective with less material per application