Improve Steering. Reduce Noise.Loram’s GaugeShield® lubrication system is an intelligent wayside system that senses the passing of train wheels over the GaugeShield’s durable sensors and automatically dispenses a controlled quantity of grease to the gauge face of the rail. The GaugeShield gauge face application system creates a smooth interaction between the gauge face of the rail and the wheel flange to improve steering and to reduce noise.
GaugeShield offers intelligent design and features including:
- Customizable pump and control system with higher resolution to ensure precise grease application
- Proprietary bottom feed design that reduces cavitation
- Angled grease output toward the gauge corner of the rail to improve the grease pickup
- Proprietary bar applicator molded rubber insert resistant to UV and other outdoor elements
- Bar applicator system designed for quick removal during track maintenance
Loram’s reliable design requires very little maintenance and has sensors that capture the condition of the system at all times. To reduce the amount of gauge face units needed, Loram’s GaugeShield utilizes a single digital controller that is capable of controlling the output to two separate tracks.
The GaugeShield wayside system is available in two sizes to best fit your needs.