Double undercutting productivity for less time on the mainlineLoram’s UC1200 undercutter cleaner is the industry’s most advanced, most productive and highest-capacity, self-contained system for any undercutting program. The UC1200 features innovative, twin rotary undercutting technology and dual material discharge for handling and cleaning up to 1,200 m³ of excavated ballast per hour at enhanced operational speeds.
Loram’s patented, twin undercutter wheels allow the UC1200 to quickly cut in and cut out. Unlike chain undercutters, the UC1200 doesn’t need any auxiliary equipment to remove ties or ballast to cut in. The UC1200’s wheels can undercut a track near adjacent tracks that have 14-foot or larger track centers without disturbing the adjacent track. With the versatility of the Loram undercutter wheels, tracks with 8- to 10-foot ties can be undercut.
A comprehensive and versatile solution to ballast maintenance, Loram’s UC1200 integrates industry-leading undercutting capabilities, along with the ability to perform either ballast cleaning or waste-only ballast removal. A 7 ×20-foot double-deck separator screen, with exclusive elliptical throw agitation and variable screen leveling, separates the reusable ballast from the dirt, mud and fines. The UC1200 then restores reclaimed ballast to the top of the ties, and spoils are placed onto a swing conveyor that can discharge the material up to 35 feet from track center. The conveyor can also transfer spoils into a material handling or dump car.
The most advanced technology of its kind, the UC1200 features:
- Rapid 5-15 minute set-up or stow time (based on conditions)
- Automated, self-supported cut-in and out without the need for auxiliary equipment
- Twin rotary undercutting wheels with typical 8–10 inch (200–250 mm) undercutting depth per pass with a maximum undercutting depth of 16 inches from the bottom of the tie
- High-productivity undercutting speed of 1,400 feet (427 m) per hour, up to 2,300 feet (700 m) per hour potential
- Ballast processing capacity of 1,200 m³ (1,570 yd³) per hour
- Distribution of reclaimed ballast directly behind the undercutter wheels
- Ability to displace waste and spoils up to 35 feet from the track center
- Capable of operating in 16° curves
- Track alignment tolerances +/- 2 inches (+/- 50 mm)
- Capable of operating on jointed rail and continuous welded rail
- Capable of pulling up to six, fully-loaded 100 ton (90 tonnes) ballast cars