The world’s most productive shoulder ballast cleanerLoram’s fourth-generation shoulder ballast cleaning technology, the SBC2400, has revolutionized the speed, power and productivity expectations of our already best-in-class shoulder ballast cleaners. Equipped with four digging wheels and two separator screens, the SBC2400 is designed to handle and clean double the amount of material of Loram’s class-leading HP SBC. Enhanced automation and state-of-the-art operational technology gives the Loram SBC2400 the capability to clean up to 2,400 m³ of ballast per hour, at work speeds up to 4 mph.
The self-propelled SBC2400 features synchronized 30-inch wide digging wheels to excavate ballast from the tie ends outward to the edge of the ballast section. To break up mud pockets and restore drainage, dual scarifier teeth undercut the tie ends to 5 inches. Like Loram’s HP SBC, the SBC2400 features Loram’s exclusive elliptical throw agitation separators and variable screen leveling, providing not only more effective ballast cleaning, but the ability to adjust cleaning forces to local conditions.
The Loram SBC2400 features cab-forward design to ensure maximum operator visibility and ergonomics. With its advanced automation and unprecedented ballast cleaning capabilities, the SBC2400 requires just three operators. Loram services also provides a superintendent, crew chief, and maintenance crew members for optimal performance of shoulder ballast cleaning activities.
With its massive ballast cleaning capabilities and capacity, the Loram SBC2400 processes more material, twice as fast, within a shorter track window that produces lower unit costs.
Loram SBC2400 Features and Specifications
- Ballast handling capacity of 2,400 m³/hr
- Speeds up to 4 mph (6.5 km/h) at typical digging depths of 8 inches (200 mm) below the bottom of the tie
- Forward cab design with enhanced operation automation
- Maximum digging depth of 34 inches (860 mm) from top of rail
- An effective ballast cleaning area reaching up to 34 inches (860 mm) beyond the end of the tie
- Integrated scarifier teeth that simultaneously undercut the tie ends up to 5 inches (130 mm), breaking up mud pockets and restoring drainage
- Discharge of separated fines up to 29 feet (8.8 m) from track centerline
- Waste conveyor obstacle avoidance system
- Variable inclination screen with elliptical throw
- Travel speeds up to 50 mph (80 km/h)
- In-train towing speedsup to 60 mph (100 km/h)