The industry workhorse in shoulder ballast maintenanceLoram’s High Performance (HP) Shoulder Ballast Cleaner is the industry’s proven performer for heavy haul, freight and commuter railroads. The Loram HP Series leads the Loram’s High Performance Shoulder Ballast Cleaner (HP SBC) is the industry’s proven performer. The Loram HP Series leads the industry with superior value – measured as the best combination of production speed, depth of cut and quality of cleaning.
Loram’s HP Series machines are self-propelled, equipped with twin 30-inch wide, high-capacity digging buckets to clean ballast from the tie ends outward to the edge of the ballast section, digging as deep as 20 inches from the top of the tie.
Vibrating separator screens on the Loram HP SBC clean and restore fouled ballast by removing dirt, mud, and fines more effectively than any other machine in its class. With Loram’s exclusive elliptical throw agitation and variable screen leveling, the separator screens on the HP Series provide distinct cleaning advantages over any other machine on the market. In wet conditions that are frequently encountered, the screen angle can be adjusted lower for greater cleaning action. In common ballast conditions, the screen angle can be adjusted higher, delivering increased cleaning speeds.
The Loram HP Shoulder Ballast Cleaner offers:
- Typical production of 1,200 cubic meters of ballast per hour
- Speeds up to 2 mph (3.2 km/h) at typical digging depths of 8 inches (200 mm) below the bottom of the tie
- Integrated scarifier teeth that simultaneously undercut the tie ends up to 5 inches (130 mm), breaking up mud pockets and restoring drainage
- An effective ballast cleaning area reaching up to 34 inches (860 mm) beyond the end of the tie
- Adjustable screen leveling from 9–19° with elliptical throw agitation provides optimal cleaning in any ballast conditions
- Repositing of reclaimed ballast on either or both shoulders to the railroad specified shoulder shape
- Discharge of separated fines up to 29 feet (8.8 m) from track centerline
- Automated brooming of ballast off the tie ends
- 5-minutes to set-up or stow
- Travel speeds up to 48 mph (77 km/h)