Unparalleled ProductivityLoram’s Badger Ditcher is a self-propelled ditch cleaner that is capable of moving 1,000 tons of material every hour, excavating at up to 22 feet from the center of the track. The Loram ditch cleaner creates a properly sloped ditch that intercepts and diverts water away from the track. The ditcher’s high-speed, high-performance ditching wheel digs in and picks up mud and water. As the wheel digs the ditch, water begins to flow.
The Badger Ditcher helps manage, remedy and prevent the damaging effects from a host of penetrating water sources, including direct precipitation, groundwater migration, springs and trapped water, saturation and seepage. Ditch maintenance best practices using the Badger Ditcher lets railroads improve vital drainage for the subgrade, lower the water table, control run-off and promote free flow from the ballast section that can extend the effective duration of undercutting and ballast cleaning cycles.
Loram Badger Ditcher features and benefits include:
- Unmatched productivity, capable of moving 1,000 tons (907 tonnes) of material every hour
- Self-propelled operation at speeds up to 2 mph (3.2 km/h)
- Powerful, variable width ditching wheel from 30 to 54 inches (760 - 1370 mm) wide
- Digging capabilities to depths as low as 6 feet (2 m) below the top of the rail
- Articulated workhead, reaching from 6 and 22 feet (2 and 6.6 m) from either side of the track center
- Ditch shape contouring to optimize drainage conditions
- Ability to discharge excavated material up to 35 feet (11 m) from track centerline or into a dump car that can be emptied utilizing the Badger’s on-board air supply
- Railbound transportability up to 45 mph (74 km/h)